From the Wires
IRS FIRE 1099: W2Mate.com Releases 2012 E-File Software for the IRS FIRE 1099 System
2012 1099 electronic filing software from W2Mate.com gives US businesses and reporting agents the tools they need to e-file 1099 forms through IRS FIRE System. The new release supports tax forms 1099-MISC, 1099-K, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-S, 1098-
By: PR Newswire
Jan. 14, 2013 01:00 AM
CHICAGO, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Real Business Solutions (www.W2Mate.com) today announced new updates for the 2012 1099 electronic reporting software with support for the latest IRS FIRE System E-File formats and specifications. Free trial download of the new software is available for download from http://www.W2Mate.com/.
W2 Mate meets the 1099 electronic filing requirements of the IRS and a number of state departments of revenue by proving the ability to generate files in the IRS FIRE electronic filing format. The tax software also supports the EFW2 format for e-filing W-2's with the SSA and states that accept EFW2 submissions. W2 Mate was also the first software to introduce the ability to generate secure PDF 1099 and W-2 Forms.
In a statement Nancy Walters, W2 Mate product manager said, "Our team invested significant time and effort to develop an easy to use 1099 printing and E-filing solution. We are proud to introduce this Software to the business community because it will greatly reduce time and effort for 1099 compliance."
W2 Mate supports filing the following forms:
- 1099 MISC Forms: Miscellaneous Income.
- 1099-INT Forms : Interest Income.
- 1099-DIV Forms : Dividends and Distributions.
- 1099-R Forms : Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement, etc.
- 1098-T Forms : Tuition Statement.
- 1096 Forms : Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns.
- 1099 K Forms: Merchant Card and Third Party Network Payments.
- W-2 Forms : Wage and Tax Statement.
- W-3 Forms : Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements.
- 1099-B Forms : Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions.
- 1099-PATR Forms : Taxable Distributions Received From Cooperatives.
- 1099-OID Forms : Original Issue Discount.
- 1099-S Forms: Proceeds From Real Estate Transactions.
- 1098 Forms : Mortgage Interest Statement.
- 1099-A Forms : Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property.
- 1099-C Forms : Cancellation of Debt.
The IRS FIRE system is set up for financial institutions and others to file Information Return Forms 1042-S, 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, 5498, 8027, 8935, or W2G. An Information Return is a tax document required by Internal Revenue Code regulations and is used to report certain types of payments made by financial institutions and others who make payments as a part of their trade or business.
W2 Mate can import 1099 information from Sage 50 / Peachtree, Intuit QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics (GP or SL), Microsoft Great Plains, DacEasy and Excel / CSV.
Give 1099 E-File software from W2Mate.com a test drive and see for yourself how easy 1099 electronic reporting can be. Visit http://www.W2Mate.com/.
SOURCE W2 Mate
SOA World Latest Stories
Subscribe to the World's Most Powerful Newsletters
Subscribe to Our Rss Feeds & Get Your SYS-CON News Live!
SYS-CON Featured Whitepapers
Most Read This Week