HGST to Deliver Keynote, Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley, Booth #209
HGST to deliver multiple presentations; demo new storage solution, enterprise-class Flash, HDDs for data center environments
Nov. 3, 2013 10:00 AM
HGST on Wednesday announced its chief technology officer, Steven Campbell, will deliver a keynote speech on new developments in enterprise storage for the cloud (#cloud) at Cloud Expo 2013 Silicon Valley (@CloudExpo). Additionally, Brendan Collins, HGST vice president of product marketing, will present on the revolutionary new Helium hard-disk drive (HDD) platform for enabling higher capacity and lower total cost of ownership for high-density data center applications. HGST also will demonstrate at the conference how its enterprise-class HDDs and PCI Express (PCIe) and 12Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) solid-state drive (SSD) technologies can dramatically improve performance and capacity in cloud storage and data center environments, while lowering system latency and improving net costs.
WHAT: HGST to speak, exhibit at Cloud Expo 2013 Silicon Valley, November 4-7
- Keynote: "Navigating Storage in a Cloudy Environment" - Wednesday, November 6, 9:05 to 9:50 a.m. - Steve Campbell, CTO, HGST.
- General Session Presentation: "Lighten Your Data Center TCO with Helium Storage Solutions" - Monday, November 4, 1:20 to 2:05 p.m. - Brendan Collins, vice president of product marketing, HGST.
- Technical Track: "Accelerating "Hot" Data with SSD Innovations" - Monday, November 4, 2:10 to 2:55 p.m. - Zia Rehman, senior director of business development, HGST.
- Technical Track: "Understanding Workloads: All Data is Not Created Equal, Nor are Hard Drives" - Tuesday, November 5, 2:10 to 2:55 p.m. - Clint Ludeman, product line manager, enterprise storage, HGST.
The company will demonstrate, for the first time, a revolutionary HDD technology designed to boost drive's capacity with lowest TCO, while enabling new market innovations. HGST will also demonstrate its PCIe-based flash solutions configured in a cluster shared by multiple servers, highlighting the SSDs' remote-storage capabilities and will also show industry-leading performance of its 12Gb/s SAS Ultrastar® SSDs.
- Tuesday, Nov. 5: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 3:00-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 6: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 3:00-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 7: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 2:30-4:30 p.m.
HGST, Booth #209
Santa Clara Convention Center
Follow HGST on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Storify, #HGSTStorage, and #askHGSTHelium.
If you are a member of the press or analyst community and are interested in setting up a meeting with HGST at Cloud Expo, please contact Katie Watson at email@example.com.
HGST, a Western Digital company (NASDAQ: WDC), develops innovative, advanced hard disk drives, enterprise-class solid state drives, external storage solutions and services used to store, preserve and manage the world's most valued data. HGST addresses customers' rapidly changing storage needs by delivering intelligent storage devices that tightly integrate hardware and software to maximize solution performance. Founded by the pioneers of hard drives, HGST provides high-value storage for a broad range of market segments, including Enterprise, Cloud, Datacenter, Mobile Computing, Consumer Electronics and Personal Storage. HGST was established in 2003 and maintains its U.S. headquarters in San Jose, California. For more information, please visit the company's website at http://www.hgst.com.